The purpose of the Finance Committee is to oversee and ensure the prudent management and effective use of financial assets to promote the Fellowship's mission.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Budget development - annual operating, three-year, maintenance and capital budgets
- Monthly financial reports
- Pledge monitoring
- Cash flow projections
- Plate collections and deposits
- Special gifts - "Wish List"
- Coordination with Stewardship Committee
- Fundraising Sub-Committee
- Educating leadership and congregation on financial matters
- Financial procedures - security
- Financial audit - bi-annual
- Accounting policies & procedures
- Banking and investment relationships
- Mortgages and loans
The Finance Committee meets in the Library at 6:30 on the second Wednesday of every month.
Volunteer Skills Needed:
- Familiarity with any of the listed areas of responsibility above
- Ability to read standard financial reports or willingness to learn
- General understanding of Fellowship programs and activities
- Collaborative and creative work style
- Willing to speak up and willing to listen