The Fellowship Introduces: Restoration and Renewal: A Spiritual Circle for People of Color
In our efforts to address issues of diversity, anti-racism, anti-oppression, and multiculturalism, we believe it’s important to have a race-based affinity group to support and nurture the particular spiritual needs of our members of color, because historically, people of color have experienced devastating racism and xenophobia in our country.
This small-group setting offers an opportunity to:
• explore identity
• understand systems of oppression, cultural imperialism, and internalized oppression
• learn about liberation for self and others
• foster spiritual healing and restoration within the context of Unitarian Universalism
• support reflection and sharing
• deepen spiritual growth
• form deeper bonds with other UUs who share common experiences
This group meets once a month on a Saturday, from 5-7pm. Stay for a nourishing dinner following our circle time. Contact email@example.com for more information.