Earth Month Virtual Offerings
EcoSolutions highlights the following opportunities to connect with the earth during April in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Earth Day.
- April 19 – Forum, Gayle Tuch, Chair of NC Climate Solutions, will discuss climate resilience, with a twist of COVID-19, 9:15am, https://uufws.org/virtual-forum
- April 19 – Worship Service, William Barber III, the Strategic Partnerships Associate at The Climate Reality Project, will be our guest speaker and will talk about the intersection of the environment and justice, 11am, https://uufws.org/virtual-worship-service
- April 20 – Multimedia Climate Change Presentation, an online multimedia presentation on climate change hosted by Terri LeGrand and Janet Loew, 7pm, https://uufws.org/virtual-climate-presentation
- April 20-26 – Virtual Piedmont Earth Day Fair, including daily programming, https://www.peanc.org/virtual-earth-day-fair
- April 21 – Panel discussion: Refreshing Resilience in Challenging Times: Climate Change to COVID-19. Together, let’s affirm and celebrate the resilience inherent in all life. https://www.facebook.com/events/333735300927913/
- April 22 – Happy Earth Day on this day, the 50th anniversary, go outside and celebrate nature
- April 23 – Interfaith Panel on Climate Change and the Environment, local clergy discuss the outlooks of faith traditions on topics such as climate change, conservation, environmental sustainability, and more. https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ynf1J6LuRreMcjqUrXridA?
- April 26 – Forum, Kathy Johnson presents “Capturing Rain in Your Garden: Garden Design Tips for Keeping Storm Water on Your Property,” 9:15am, https://uufws.org/virtual-forum
- April 30 – Drawdown Book Discussion will focus this month on the materials we use in products and structures and how they contribute to climate change, 6:30pm, https://uufws.org/virtual-drawdown