Back by Popular Demand
Join us Sunday, December 4th, immediately after the service in our front field for this family friendly, fun event! Sling your post holiday pumpkins or other squash & spuds into our field for the wildlife.
How it works: It’s easy & everyone can participate. Set up your chairs, then step up to the registration table to print your name & age. Select a vegetable to sling, then sit back & wait for your name to be called at the slingshot. Once everyone has had a chance, you’re welcome to take a second shot.
Prizes will be awarded for:
- closest to the target
- farthest distance achieved
- shortest distance achieved
- most spectacular failure
- youngest participant
- oldest participant
- a chair
- warm clothes/lap blankets
- pumpkins, gourds, or potatoes left over from the holidays (some will be provided if you don’t have any)
- optional picnic lunch & drinks (thermos of hot stuff?)
- a loud voice or noise makers to cheer on the contestants
Slung potatoes, small pumpkins, and small gourds will be left in the field to feed our resident deer and other critters. Larger pumpkins and leftover jack-o-lanterns (without wax or residue) are welcome to be hand-flung amongst the woods at the end of the event.
Questions? Contact Sue & Rich Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.