The Social Action Council (SAC) coordinates the designation of Share the Plate recipients – organizations that are identified for each month of the year to receive 50% of the weekly Sunday offering, (while the other 50% is retained by the Fellowship). The list of recipients is prepared from called nominations submitted by congregational members.
The period for nomination submissions is now open!
Nominations must be submitted by December 10, 2023.
The SAC will deliberate and select organizations at its meeting on January 14, 2024. All are welcome to attend.
Criteria for potential share-the-plate recipients is:
- Organization, project, or individual must have 501(c)(3) status
- Organization, project, or individual must service Forsyth County
- Organization, project, or individual must align with UU principles and UUFWS mission and vision
- Organization, project, or individual must not currently receive financial support from the UUFWS operating or capital budget
Please make sure you answer all required questions.
Following receipt of the nominations, the SAC Coordinating Team will gather to consider and vote on recipients for each month in the designated calendar year.
Decision-making criteria will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Time since organization or individual was last awarded Share the Plate funds
- Community focus and support
- Organization’s operating budget
- Perceived impact of Share the Plate funds
There is no limit to how many times a recipient can be awarded Share the Plate donations, although no recipient will receive funds more than once in a calendar year.
SAC will also maintain a list of organizations that might be used for 5th Sunday of the month collections. This list will be created from nominations that were not selected as monthly recipients, as well as organizations associated with “hot” issues that arise during the year.
Recipients of Share-the-Plate funds will constitute UUFWS acceptance of the recipient as a community partner.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org