Committees and Groups
Volunteers are the glue that holds our Fellowship together. If you are interested in becoming more involved, please consider joining one of the committees or groups listed below. Volunteer your skills, talents and initiative to make a difference at the Fellowship.
The Fellowship Coordinating Council (FCC) is comprised of all Chairs of the Committees listed below. The FCC Chair is a Board of Trustees member who coordinates training for Committee Chairs and works to ensure proper communications between the committees.
- Building Maintenance maintains the building for a safe, well-kept environment ~ building at uufws.org
- Care assists Fellowship members and friends in times of need ~ care at uufws.org
- Committee on Ministry works with the minister and congregation to help maximize the effectiveness of the ministry ~ com at uufws.org
- Denominational Connections informs the congregation of the activities of the national, regional and district organizations ~ dc at uufws.org
- EcoSolutions plans outdoor outings, educates the Fellowship on issues of environmental sustainability, and maintains the Fellowship’s Green Sanctuary accreditation ~ eco at uufws.org
- Endowment manages the endowment fund and promotes opportunities to make donations to the fund ~ endowment at uufws.org
- Finance develops the budget, monitors spending, advises the board, works with canvass, and assists the treasurer ~ finance at uufws.org
- Fun and Games plans, promotes and implements social gatherings for the Fellowship ~ fun at uufws.org
- Grounds maintains and improves our property and oversees landscaping plans ~ grounds at uufws.org
- Leadership Development nurtures leadership within the congregation ~ leadershipdevelopment at uufws.org
- Marketing coordinates activities to market the Fellowship in the community and has oversight of the website and communications tools ~ marketing at uufws.org
- Membership oversees activities and services to attract and welcome visitors, support the transition to membership, and enhance member engagement ~ membership at uufws.org
- Memorial offers support and participation in memorial services, oversees memorial plaques, and maintains the Memorial Garden ~ memorial at uufws.org
- Multicultural Team plans for and promotes an environment that intentionally supports a shift toward multicultural acceptance ~ multicultural at uufws.org
- Personnel manages the Fellowship’s business relations with staff, including pay, benefits, annual reviews, and recognition ~ personnel at uufws.org
- Policies and Procedures is a subcommittee of the Board charged with keeping an online and printed manual of policies and procedures ~ policiesandprocedures at uufws.org.
- Religious Education Committee coordinates youth and adult educational classes and enrichment opportunities, recruits and trains teachers and facilitators, and oversees inter-generational activities ~ rec at uufws.org
- Safe Congregations develops and implements–along with appropriate committees and staff–policies and procedures to keep people safe and our campus secure ~ safecongregations at uufws.org
- Social Action Council (SAC) identifies, educates and facilitates the social-action agenda ~ sac at uufws.org
- Stewardship leads a year-round process of stewardship education, including the Annual Fund Drive (AFD), planned giving, and more ~ stewardship at uufws.org
- Worship coordinates service schedule and content with minister; finds guest speakers; organizes service leaders and service coordinators, announcements and pulpit editorials ~ worship at uufws.org
- Art Gallery Group organizes our annual art show
– click HERE for Annual Art Show information ~ artgallery at uufws.org
- Auction coordinates our major annual fundraiser ~ auction at uufws.org
- Book Club meets monthly to discuss a chosen book ~ bookclub at uufws.org
- Choir performs at least twice a month and practices Wed nights — newcomers welcome ~ musicdirector at uufws.org
- Dinner Circles meet regularly (often monthly) in small groups, rotating homes ~ dinnercircles at uufws.org
- Humanism with Heart is a discussion group that is guided by the principles of Humanism ~ humanism at uufws.org
- Kitchen and Coffee organizes volunteers to clean the kitchen, make coffee and keep the kitchen supplied ~ kitchencrew at uufws.org
- Marguerite’s Coffee House is a showcase for the area’s finest musical talent with supporting music provided by the Fellowship’s members and friends ~ coffeehouse at uufws.org
- Meditation Mindfulness meets every Monday online at 11 am. All are welcome. ~ coordinator at uufws.org.
- Q and Friends is a group for LGBTQ+ persons and Allies ~ qandfriends at uufws.org.
- Restoration & Renewal: A Spiritual Circle for People of Color is a race-based affinity group that nurtures the spiritual needs of our members and friends of color ~ restorationandrenewal at uufws.org
- Small Group Ministry is a lay ministry that allows members and friends to gather in small groups to share their thoughts, feelings and needs ~ sgm at uufws.org
- Women’s Fund Team coordinates our membership in The Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem, which provide grants that address the needs of women and girls in Forsyth County ~ womensfund at uufws.org