Endowment & Planned Giving
UU Fellowship Endowment Fund
This is your Fellowship and, for many of us, it has been an important part of our lives and the lives of our families and community since it was established by a few visionaries in 1951. The Endowment Fund was created in 2002 to establish a permanent fund, from which annual distributions are used to fund special projects or supplement the annual operating budget.
What is the Legacy Circle?
- The Fellowship established the Legacy Circle to celebrate and thank those individuals who share our vision to become a fully inclusive, compassionate faith community known for working boldly and deeply for justice.
- The Legacy Circle is comprised of generous individuals who have made cumulative gifts of at least $2,500 to the Fellowship Endowment Fund or have included the Fellowship in their estate plans.
- Members of the Legacy Circle are recognized in our publications. Members may request to remain anonymous.
Leaving a Legacy Gift Is Easy
We are so pleased, through the Legacy Circle, to recognize individuals who are planning for gifts today that will provide significant benefits to the Fellowship in the future. Because of the generosity of people like you, the Fellowship will continue to be a place of minds that think, hearts that love, and hands that are ready to serve.
- Give cash or other liquid assets (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) of $2,500 or more to the Fellowship Endowment Fund. Your tax adviser can tell you how best to do this and benefit from any tax advantages. This gift should be in addition to your annual giving for current operations.
- Leave a bequest to the Fellowship through your will or trust. The following is sample bequest language: “I give to the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Winston-Salem, federal tax identification number 58-1310111, ___% of my estate (or the sum of $___) for its general purposes.”
- Make the Fellowship a beneficiary of your retirement account, life insurance policy or annuity. It is generally as simple as adding the Fellowship as a beneficiary or contingent beneficiary and specifying either a percentage or dollar amount of the benefit you are committing. You should contact your insurance company or retirement account manager and request a beneficiary change form (many of these forms are online).
For further information, please contact the Fellowship office at (336) 659-0331 and you will be referred to a member of the Endowment and Planned Giving Committee.